Bangladesh Cricket Board’s (BCB) election is knocking at the door and for that an Election Commission has been formed too.
Current BCB President, Nazmul Hasan Papon has informed the reporters that the election will take place by 15th November. There was a problem with the head of the Election Commission but everything has been sorted now.
Sports Secretary, MD Asadul Haque was going to be the head of this commission but his sickness has forced BCB to select a new person for the ultimate post.
Joint Secretary of Sports, MD Omar Faruk is the new head of the Election Commission.
The Election Commission responsible for conducting the Board of Directors Election 2017 has been formed with the following members:
1. Md Omar Faruk, ndc (Joint Secretary Sports, Ministry of Youth & Sports) – Chief Election Commissioner
2. Md Ekramul Hoque (Deputy Attorney General, Bangladesh Supreme Court) – Election Commissioner
3. Md Sukur Ali (Director Planning & Development, NSC) – Election Commissioner
4. Barrister Fahimul Huq (Legal Advisor) – Election Commissioner
5. Nizam Uddin Chowdhury (CEO, BCB) – Election Commissioner
The current committee’s tenure will be finished on 17th October and the election will be arranged by them.