2022-12-23 00:17:14 BdST
Metro rail inauguration: 7 conditions for residents, businesses
Police have set seven conditions for residents and businesses in the area adjacent to the metro rail from Agargaon to Uttara’s Diabari.
On Thursday, they began handing out flyers with the instructions.
In this regard, Assistant Commissioner (Pallabi Zone) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Abdul Halim said, "Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate the metro rail on December 28 and will travel by it from Agargaon to Diabari.
“We have given these instructions to the people of the area as per the advice of the SSF for the security of the prime minister.”
According to a notice issued by police on Wednesday, the conditions are:
1. No new tenant can move into any building or flat along the route before December 29
2. No new offices, shops, and restaurants can be opened in commercial spaces of any buildings along the route until December 28
3. Residents have been asked not to dry clothes or stand on balconies of buildings adjacent to the route on the day
4. No photos and festoons can be hung in any building
5. No one can stay in any commercial spaces and in hotels on December 28
6. If there are any legal arms in any building or flat, it has to be surrendered to the police stations concerned by December 25
7. All banks and ATM booths on both sides of the route will remain closed from the morning
People can avail of the service from December 29.
Unauthorized use or reproduction of The Finance Today content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.